Sunday, May 08, 2005

Me in Singapore

Okay, it was a long time since I rambled here – had just another attack of lethargy. I cured it partially by traveling to Singapore. I was there to attend the Asia MVP Regional Summit 2005. A big thank you to MS for organizing the whole thing and for the sponsorships.

When you travel abroad for the first time, to a foreign city, you invariably end up comparing it with our very own Bangalore. I was no exception. I was tempted to put all those down into a neat, tabular report, but for the benefit of the low bandwidth subscribers of my arbitrary musings, I am refraining from that.

Here are few reflections from Singapore anyways: Singapore is a ‘fine’ city to say the least. You are fined for anything and everything, and in multiples of 500 Singapore dollars. ‘Trespassers will be shot dead’, said one of the boards. Otherwise, it’s a great city. Highly disciplined crowd, technology is all over, great zoo, fantastic bird park to mention a few. And yes – a mind-blowing Airport.

I did enjoy all the time I spent there, especially those walks at Marina Square, beside the bay, late in the night.

I’ll collect some more thoughts a little later.

1 comment:

PGS said...

Hi Manoj,

Not sure if you remember me , your RV classmate. Nice to know you blog.
I started a few days back.
http://druidmumble.blogspot.com/

ping me when you get a chance sometime: prakash_gs@yahoo.com
Ta
-Prakash