Saturday, May 21, 2005

A Celebration

The other weekend, was a special one to Bangalore and to some of us, who sacrificed the luxury of a Sunday and instead, run for a cause. The event was the Lipton India Marathon – celebration run; a modest distance of 7 seven kilometers. Seven may appear too small a number and many experts might round it off to zero. But hey, convert that to feet and multiply it by a load factor derived from the unforgiving Bangalore heat, and then divide that by your fitness index - you’ll know what I’m saying.

Well, yes I managed to complete the distance (else, I wouldn’t have blogged about it). Fifty minutes, heavy breathing, puffing and panting, sore everything, a barely visible finish line and then, I was proud. So was a surprised SA, so was SC, so were everyone.

I recollect the Servo ad where Kumble preaches – “You must break all barriers, you must push every limit”. I guess we all did just that. Sweat was sweet and tiredness enriching. The fruits of hard work were an enormous sense of accomplishment and fervor.

Now, how do I deal with the rest of my life?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am terribly proud of you lot. Due to unfavourable circumstances, like hibernation, I could not be there. But I stand in absolute awe of your (all of you) spirit.

Kudos.

S!

Swapnil said...

HEY Congrats!!!
Reminds me of two Nike (I think) commercials.

One that says "You are faster than you think"
And "Never keep your feet firmly on ground"


ME was out of town on the day...
Registered and never ran. :(

Just back from Tarapur...

Anonymous said...

No posts..macha?!