Monday, January 03, 2005

Resolutions

Leave work on Friday in a total mess, make merry on the weekend and wait for Monday morning to make a new resolution that you would work more effectively that week & clear up all the mess that you piled the week before. I was just wondering whether this is any different from making a resolution on new year's day that you would do better in the year that has just turned up?

On second thoughts, maybe this ritualized resolution making isn't that demeaning after all. It is, at least, better than hoping (unless the resolution has the word 'hope'). What do you think ?


Disclaimer:
Highly subjective post!

3 comments:

S! said...

No different at all, for me. Just a nice, miniature weekly version of the same thing. Applies to still shorter durations like an evening, with a simple plan to read 30 pages, say, & you drift after the first five & decide before popping off for the night that tomorrow you will make amends.


S!

Anonymous said...

Forget work and other related things.. It could be as simple as making a phone call, talking to a person ...or chatting to a person :-)

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

Oh, I'm even worse. I decide Friday evening, that I'll finish 40 tasks on Sunday (haha! I won't have much to do on Monday...Hoho!). And I never make it work on Sunday. Guess who takes the last bus home every Monday? :P