Monday, January 24, 2005

'Hello World' of Dosa making

Cautiously dropped an unmeasured amount of batter on the non-stick pan. Apprehensively spread the same in a slow, slow, circular motion. A few spoonfuls of oil for taste. A few tense moments later, my first Dosa was ready.

It didn't stop there. A few minutes later, Souvik and myself confidently tried out a French Dosa (Dosa with half-boiled egg, name inspired from 'French Toast'). An egg was lost in the process and the yolk of the second egg almost slipped out of the pan. But that was OK. The end result was commendable though!

All dosa adventures for that day ended with our very own gastronomy maestro, Vasant preparing a delectable Om Dosa (Omlet Dosa). Fantabulous stuff as we celebrated Asha and Vasant's tenth wedding anniversary.



Have a look at my first dosa! (Note: Batter was prepared earlier by Asha)

4 comments:

S! said...

I dint get so much as a sniff of that Om Dosa. Your kindness notwithstanding, I think we can tell the world exactly who broke that egg. It was I, ladies & gentlemen, who in a slight state of inebriation broke the egg, clinically mind you, on the kitchen floor.

And if you think I cannot do these tricks without alcohol, think again!

S!

Small Routines said...

I shall never forget that evening. Am still overwhelmed by the scene of that sudden mad rush of people (in various stages of inebriation) to my kitchen, eggs falling on floor and all!!!
Anyways I am proud to have been witness to your First Dosa Experience, Manoj! It certainly added to the general wonderful-ness of that evening!
Souvik, you are forgiven for egg-dropping since you washed a whole sink-ful of dirty vessels without even being asked! Talk about being overwhelmed - sniff!

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

Gosh! Looks EXTREMELY yummm!!

Sunil Jagadish said...

Wow. I didnt know you make Dosa also. I guess we can have a Dosa.NET session for our UG meet.